Monday, June 22, 2015

Seriously, Monday

Welcome to Monday, where I've prepared for you another of my excellent, top quality posts!

I'll believe it when I see it

Before I go on with this lie, I'll admit up front that this post is a bar above being about nothing. I browsed the internet for awhile and logged into WoW to see if I could be inspired, but nothing turned up. It's long been my policy that if I am not interested in writing about something, I will not waste anyone's time forcing words out onto the keyboard without any personal investment. That's how these wonderful cop out posts come to be.

I'll let you in on a secret, though. I totally have a post idea. Several post ideas, actually. Like, maybe even ten or twelve that follow the same basic principles. A series you could even say. The only problem is that it will require in game traveling and artistic screenshot gathering and editing - in other words, lots of time. Time isn't something I have today, so that makes it something for me to start another day.

Why don't I have time today, you ask? Oh, don't be shy, I know you're totally interested.

Well, I'm putting a good amount of time and effort today in making some more crafts. I had two requests from friends that I fulfilled today, including a leather bag and a bracelet.

look at how cool it is, wow amazing

My sewing awl broke maybe two weeks ago, while I was in the middle of trying to teach myself how to use it properly. As I mentioned in my post about making a similar bag, I didn't know how to use it. The stitch that I used with the awl was maybe not quite as strong as I feel the hand stitching is, but it was so much faster. It cut down stitching time by more than half. Not sure if I feel the time saved is worth it. It's not, like, crappy - it's just not quite as excellent as hand stitches.

wow incredible, the artistry is awe inspiring

The majority of things I've been making have been bracelets/anklets and necklaces. I plan to make more leather goods soon. My next venture will probably be a nice pair of bracers. I've been hoping to learn how to tool leather, but frankly I'm... just completely terrible at it. Usually I'm at least decent when I start trying new things, but not this time.

One of the things I wanted to do was make something really cool for myself, since I've been getting so much practice in and making much better stuff than I used to. With that in mind, I made this bracelet with Monster Hunter sigil charms, which is excellent and I've been thoroughly enjoying wearing it. It even inspired me to get back into playing MH4U.


My friends and family have been interested in my creations and I've made several sales through them, but I haven't been able to get much of a buzz going on with the much larger potential customer base, literally anyone else.

my cats have also been supportive

I don't want to shove anything into anyone's face, so here's a link to my instagram (which has a link to my etsy on my profile). There. Now you won't have to go without first being treated to a bunch of pictures of my adorable cats.

Of course, as with any other day, I also have stuff to do around the house. I never don't have stuff to do around the house, but periodically I have to go ahead and do a lot of stuff at once or else it starts to be overwhelming...

No comments:

Post a Comment