Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wow, Where Was I?

I haven't updated since the 1st of this month, tomorrow would be a full two weeks. That's five missing posts and two missing caturdays, sorry! Truth be told, I haven't even turned on my computer since I published that post. See, at the start of this month, I had the opportunity to move back into the house I had grown up in. This is a pretty seriously off topic post, but I have missed two weeks of posts, so I figure I should explain why.

still have a lot of work to do, but I'm home

I don't want to go into crazy detail, but the tenants who were living here for six years made a bit of a mess of things. I worked non stop for four days just painting over the poor choice of colors they had for every room of the house.

mixing up some paint we got for free from a friend

why

all better

I was unable to work on Sunday because I had three different Easter meals to go to, but it was started Friday and finished on Tuesday last week, save the kitchen cabinets.

they painted them grey and then painted over them... poorly

I did paint the placeholder wood under the sink
but there's a cat on me right now so I couldn't go take a new picture

We shampooed and steam cleaned the carpets after vacuuming them a dozen times and put a lot of effort into cleaning the place up.

sorry you had to see that

that stain tho

We were going to start moving later on in the day Sunday, but it didn't work out, so we got a fresh start Monday morning with a good friend and his mom helping to move mostly everything over to the new-old house. My dad called me to check up on me and I told him I was in the middle of moving, and he ended up showing up and helping us move as well. We finished at around 2:30 and only had the cats left to move to the house.

We still have some things to move over, but our couch is very comfortable and Verizon came today to give us our cable and internet. The cats are adjusting well and the remnant smell of the old tenants' dog is starting to dissipate. I just can't wait to relax and play video games again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything went well, I can't wait until you're active on Twitter and all that again!
    I missed you :3

    ReplyDelete